Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clipless pedal swag and relationship fallout


I love clipless pedal riding. I hate clipless shoes. They're ugly and bulky and look funny with dresses. I've been dreaming of the day that mary jane style shoes are made with cleats but I think that's a long ways off. In the meantime Chrome has made these great clipless shoes that don't look all that different from shoes I might wear anyway but there's a mental block that's keeping me from actually buying them and eventually wearing them.

And it's petty.

My ex-boyfriend has a pair.

I'm not actually sure if they're the same exact ones. They look the same but I don't remember them having the cleats. Regardless, the effect is the same.

It's not repulsion or anything. It's a vague need for distance. Like if I bought them I'd subconsciously be reviving that failed 6 month stretch for some kind of personal torture.

I might still buy them anyway but it's going to take a lot more ruminating than any other purchase I've made, including that $80 set of Kohl pens.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment