Wednesday, October 13, 2010

common courtesy goes a long way

If I'm at a red and there's someone behind me I'll look and see if they need to turn and I'll scoot up if I see their blinker on. This sometimes doesn't work because motorists can be stupid and not use their blinkers (or directionals, as I like to call them). Most of the time it does though, as it did this morning. The driver pulled up and before he turned, rolled down his window and thanked me profusely for paying him this small courtesy.

I felt pretty damn good about myself and then promptly told myself to not get a big head for such an obvious and easy gesture.

obligate Seinfeld reference (episode #307): "...I am a kind man. Who else would do something like this? Nobody. Nobody thinks about people like I do. All right, snap out of it you stupid jerk. You're eating a turkey sandwich. What do you want, a nobel prize?"

No comments:

Post a Comment